Monday, January 16, 2012

Almost forgot to mention that I'd finished "Alice in Wonderland" (and "Through the Looking Glass", included in the same book) tonight. :)

Weiquan says that it's actually a very dark book - I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case; sometimes children's books do have grim themes hidden in all that happy language - but I haven't been reading too much into it. I do find, however, that the prose is very oddly lyrical in some way. It just... flows. I can't think of any other word to describe it, but it does read a bit like a very long poem. Although the meter might be a little odd at times, but the prose really is very flowing and lovely. :)

So:

2. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (which, if you didn't know, is really a pseudonym for Charles Lutwidge Dodgson) was completed on 16th January.

Book number 3 for the year shall be:
After the Quake by Murakami Haruki

No comments: