Thursday, January 05, 2012

Just had my first Intermediate-3 lesson this evening.

It was a really small class; just Philyn, Kai and me, plus one student from another class, who was taking a make-up session. Terry and Trena are still away on their respective holidays, and Germaine didn't come for class.

So, just four people, but it was fun!

It's really a whole different level though. More kanji in our written text, and Yamamoto-sensei was writing a lot of kanji for us on the board. Or maybe that was just because there were only four of us today, so he entertained a lot of questions that we had. He *did* say, "Please ask a lot of questions", after all. :D

It's kind of nostalgic. My Intermediate lessons are in classroom C, which is the same classroom where I started with Elementary-1.

Around this time last year (mid-February, I think) I was halfway through Elementary-1, and when class was over, I saw a group of students leaving their class as well. When it's the first day of a class, the teacher always hangs a small sign outside which says, "New Class!!" with the class level below it.

On that day, when I was an Elementary-1 student, it was an Intermediate-3 class which I saw leaving their classroom. And I thought, "Whoa, Intermediate-3." It seemed so high-level then.

And here I am now. :)

去年二月、私はまだ Ele-1 の生徒ですよ。
今年もう Int-3 レベルになってきました。
早いのに、すごく楽しみです。
今年もう頑張ります!

No comments: