Saturday, January 28, 2012

Well, I've finally finished "Wicked"! I'd originally wanted to finish reading it before going with Connor and Jiaxin to watch the musical in December, but sadly, I got distracted by a lot of other reading material during that time and didn't finish it by then. Only got halfway through. Really, quite literally. My bookmark was stuck in the very middle of the book in late Dec.

But anyway, it's finished now!

1. Wicked by Gergory Maguire, completed on 28th January 2012.
(Trivia: Ever wonder how the main protagonist in the book, Elphaba, came by her name? She was named as such for the author of "The Wizard of Oz", Lyman Frank Baum, whose initials are L.F.B.; El-Fa-Ba. ^-^ )

Connor has also since enlightened me that "Wicked" is actually only the first of a series of four books. If nothing else, this provides me with more reading material to hunt down and add to my bookshelf and this list of one hundred books. I really do need more shelves.

Book number 4 for the year shall thus be:

4. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Fitting, innit? Book number 4, number 4, y'know? :D

I bought it on a bit of a lark, really; I saw my cousin watching the movie on his computer, and it seemed quite a cliched thing, but then I heard that the book was really much better than the movie. So since I had vouchers for Page One which were already over a year old around the middle of last year, I decided to see what was there and I happened to see it.

So, since I had vouchers, I figured I wasn't technically paying for it, and decided to give it a shot. :)

No comments: