Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Geez..... it's amazing and scary, the way that things can go on in the world while you don't know anything.

I mean, I just decided to go read some seaQuest fics today; I do miss that show and Lucas was such a lovable character. :P And then I came upon this story whose summary started with "In memory of Jonathan Brandis".

I was like, "wtf?!?"

Anyway, after a little sourcing around, it's sad to say that yeah.... he's dead. Suicide on 12th Nov this year. What makes it even more... well, horrible is that it was just recently.

And all that comes to mind is his performance as Lucas in seaQuest and how he was such a lovable character. Jonathan Brandis himself was great; I just can't see how he could possibly have it in his mind to off himself.

But well, we don't know anything, right?

Sigh.

... seaQuest ended in 1996, so it's about 7 years later that he's gone. Man. It's just... kinda weird.

Strange how much Life can f*** you up enough to drive you to suicide; to make you go from a young person pretty satisfied with his life to someone who couldn't see any other way out.

But I guess no one said that Life was all that nice, anyway.

No comments: