Thursday, December 18, 2003

I have found my new idol. :P

Viggo Mortensen.

The guy's a poet, a photographer, a painter, and the fact that he can act and sing is just a plus. Apart from acting and singing though, the guy is everything that I could ever want to be!!

One of these days, when I have enough money, I'll buy myself a good, proper camera, and maybe I'll go find some open field or something and take pictures of clouds. And when I get older, I'll move to New Zealand or Australia and take pictures of the scenery there.

And when I become a retiree, I want to live on a quiet street, and on cloudy afternoons, sit on my front porch in a rocking chair with a pot of coffee and a portable CD player on a table nearby, and I'll just sit there with my coffee and soft cafe music playing and watch the day go by.

I want to live on a quiet small town street where everyday, at around noon, you can hear children running past, laughing and playing. I want to live in a town where nothing is ever in a hurry, except perhaps when there's a fire, which of course, I hope, never happens. I want to live in a town where the streets are quiet, where you hear the birds more often than the cars, and even when the cars do come past, they're never in a hurry to get anywhere and they cruise past in an unhurried fashion, so quietly that they hardly make any distrubance at all. Or of course, in the future, they may have been able to make cars that don't make any noise at all or they might be able to float or something. :P

I think I'm too much of an idealist, but I don't think it hurts to dream. Let's just hope that New Zealand stays pretty much the way that it is now. So that I'll have some hope of fulfilling that dream.

But first, there's the rest of my life to live. To get there, I'm going to have to get through a teenage identity crisis, working life, and a mid-life crisis.

Well, Life seems awfully fun. :P

No comments: