Saturday, November 26, 2005

Decided to shoot for a while today after my Gender Studies paper.

My back muscles now hurt like crap.

Which is a good thing, coz it means at least the muscle memory is still there; I still remember which muscles I'm supposed to use. I've come to realise that sport is a semi-masochistic thing, haha. If the right set of muscles doesn't hurt, then you're doing it wrong. :P Although, overdoing it could also make it hurt, of course.

Zhan Tao, Cheow Hui and I were hanging out in the lounge this morning, talking before our papers, mostly about shooting and how we were damn out of practice and all the SEA Games stuff going on; if they actually televise the archery matches, Zhan Tao's suggesting we all watch together in the lounge, haha.

Although I don't think our lounge can fit *all* of us... -_-

Cheow Hui mentioned that Benson was featured in Thursday's newspaper, in the Urban section that came with the paper; said that Benson was the oldest of the six athletes who were featured-- scary stuff; the guy's only 25!

So I came home and rooted around in the pile of past days' newspapers, found it and saw that the youngest of the six is 15. Playing golf. The rest are 18 and 19, and only one other guy is in his 20s-- he's a cyclist, and he's 23.

It's like we're turning out prodigies left, right and center. Soon the prodigies won't be so special anymore, I think.

Last paper on Monday! Then AAS Shoot sighting on 9 Dec, and competition proper from 10 to 11 Dec. SEA Games starts tomorrow and Archery is on from the 29th of Nov to Dec 4th.

I can almost touch freedom.

Now I just need a wide open field to dance and jump and run around and scream in when it does arrive, but this being Singapore, with very little open space, I'll settle for watching Harry Potter instead. Haha.

No comments: