Thursday, November 10, 2005

Papers are all handed in! And the semester's over!

Which means that exams are starting in about a week's time. Bummer. Can't an undergrad get any rest?!

A few people were saying that they'd got the email regarding seat numbers for the exams already, but I haven't so decided to just go check by myself instead of waiting around for the mail.

And I was playing NavyField last night; got fed up with manual firing again, so I got lazy and switched back to the auto Firing Control System. I'll learn manual some other time. And I got rather pissed off last night coz in all the battles that I joined, I had crappy teammates (or the other side had better teamwork), so I didn't earn much in the way of frag or credits. Damn.

But, on the bright side, three of my sailors reached level 14, and two of them are stationed at the torp tubes, so I can fit torp tubes now! Only thing that worries me is the safe distance; they need 15 km before they arm, and I'm not sure if that's a very long or very short distance.

And, talk about um.. culture shock. If you can call it that. Most of the time whenever I've played NavyField in the past, there's a lot of Spanish and German and whatever else flying around on the chat panels; mostly European languages and English, but last night, all the Singaporeans were online.

And you have no idea how funny it was to see Hokkien curse words scrolling up on the chat panel.

Any Europeans playing in that room at that time would probably have been thinking, "What the hell??" Especially with the standard of the English that was used. Er, *when* English was used, that is. Haha...

Going to the zoo tomorrow, with the rest of the 25th MC and a few of the Arts Club affiliates. Don't know what on earth there is to see, but Ivan says that there's a rainforest walk thing where there're animals roaming around freely in there and you can touch them!

Still very tired though. Not going to finish my revision at this rate... *sob*. -.-

No comments: