Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Essays are almost done. Just one more to go; editing group report right now. Hand it up tomorrow morning and I'm free! YAY!!!

Over the past week or so, I feel like I've become some sort of Microsoft Word expert; I now know a lot of functions which I never really knew before. And I now have a sort of template for my papers! My own personal template kinda thing, that is. Getting the hang of writing essays now.

My lack of sleep at night still hasn't managed to disrupt my body clock very much; I can go to sleep at 6.30 am and I'll still wake up before 9 am. Annoying. But at least that means that I can maximise my time. Always need to look on the bright side, yes.

I've only actually slept at night about two or three times in the last week and up till today (didn't sleep last night either); I know that my neighbour's fish will start bobbing up in the pond and making gulping noises at about 2.30 am, I know that the newspaper man comes by at about 5.30 am, and then I can hear the soft putt-putt-putting of the scooter and the quick plop of the paper on the front porch. And then I hear him doing the same for the neighbours.

Didn't you ever used to wonder where the newspaper came from when you were a child? You'd wake up every morning and there'd be a paper on your doorstep, sitting there all by its innocuous self, with no indication of how it got there, and in your little childish mind, you could never conceive of the fact that someone was awake before you were, riding around dropping off the papers...

Because you thought the world only began when you woke up, and you didn't really have an idea of where the time between last night and this morning went.

No comments: