Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Oh, what have I gotten myself into.

Last week, someone on the AAA@DW comm posted a request to help with the translation of their Buzz Communication Tour DVD.

Because I had happened to refresh the page around the time she posted, I think I was the first person to see her post. And I figured, why not? So I told her I'd try my best to help.

So we're working together now with her subtitle files; she's already timed everything nicely - song lyrics and translations, she's been able to find online, mostly, but it's apparently where the members talk and say random things that she need the translations.

So she's just put in "*translation*" at the timings where she needs them, and I just fill in the blanks.

Most things are okay, but I've just spent most of today - well, scratch that - yesterday trying to translate just ten minutes of it.

The part where the get the audience to participate in a wave for "Winter Lander", and they're dividing up the audience into seven sections; one for each member. That little bit which is barely ten minutes long took me over 5 hours to translate, because they keep talking all over each other...!!!

Oh, the things I agree to.

But I have to admit... this is sort of fun. I sometimes wonder if I like challenges, or if I'm just barely this side of masochistic. :p

No comments: