Sunday, July 20, 2003

Have been too busy for the past few days to get online....but the past few days have been pretty eventful. :D

First off, Wednesday:

Band ended at 5.30 pm (only 3 hours of band!! That's gotta be a record; haha) so that those ppl who were going for the SYF Finals could get there and be seated by 7.00 pm.

The inside of the Esplanade is really cool. I mean, I've never before in my life seen a concert hall with FIVE levels of seating! Oh yeah, I got a circle seat; a very good circle seat too; practically sitting directly over the stage, so I had a very good view!

I didn't think much of the first two bands (except perhaps that they were pretty large).

I know that I don't like AC, but their rendition of Vesuvius was fantastic!!! Can't really remember what their second piece sounded like, but I guess it was really good too.

TJ was after that, and their percussionists (those who were free, that is)danced as they played Japanese Graffiti!

Seriously, as much as I dislike AC, I think they deserved to win more than RJ.

Oh well.... Life's like that, yeah? Just coz RJ have won twice consecutively, they figure that they've gotta give it to them again....

Thursday's happenings:

Racial Harmony day celebrations.

For the first time ever in my life, I actually wore one of those ethnic costumes for the day. :P

It was this green Punjabi suit that Pam lent me for the day; I changed out of it after GP though, since that was my last lesson of the day, so I was in school U for the geog extra class.

Friday...:

Finally got those DRQs from Mr Low.....he keeps forgetting to pass them to me!! It's like something straight out ot "The Absent-Minded Professor"; speaking of which, that film's really old. I can't even remember exactly when it was that I watched it.

Zapped the back half of the 2001 Lit Paper 8 A level paper too.

I can safely say that I've planned my weekend pretty packed. :)

Oh yeah, had RWS after school; we were about to leave when Mr Fahy came into the seminar room and kept us a little longer, talking about some stuff and reading a (rather confusing) passage out of St Anselm's "Proslogion".

While he was talking, I had this strange fear that the library people would lock up the library and forget about the handful of us in the seminar room!

And guess what....when we opened the door of the seminar room, it was dark outside; we were locked in. Haha.

Oh well, someone saw us (the library doors are glass, see) and went to get the OM. Meanwhile, I kept myself amused by shouting and talking very loudly to all the other members; they did the same too when they caught onto what I was doing. :)

You see, when's the next time you're going to be able to talk loudly and shout while you're in the library?? :D

Yes, so I'm lame and it was a worthless cheap thrill. I still think that it was once-in-a-lifetime experience. :D

Saturday:

Band today. When we were asked to go out for sectionals, Erlinda pointed out that the whole trombone section wasn't here. I corrected her and said that Sandy was present, so that meant that one trombone player had come! :P

Anyway, we went up to the fourth level for sectionals, and Sandy came up all by herself; I thought it wouldn't be very nice to leave her alone when there were what, about nine people nearby? Namely my section, that is.

So I went over to the J block, and Soon Aik followed; we were trying to figure out how to play each others' instruments (she was trying to play my clarinet and Soon Aik and I were trying to play her trombone) when she said that Wei Jian was here too, so she wasn't alone after all! Lol. :D

Oh yeah, I can play the concert B flat scale on the trombone up till the sixth note! :D Although on the first note, my air speed tends to be too fast and a different note comes out.

Lol. For the first time ever, my air speed is too fast..... In the past I was always told that it was too slow! On the clarinet, that is, for the higher register.

Blah blah blah....today was actually kinda slack since Alvin wasn't around....he had to go for the NDP preview. Haha.... :D

No comments: