Friday, July 11, 2003

Youth Day celebrations today.

It's only 11.51 am now, and school's over! Haha...cool. :D

It's a bit spastic when the school makes the band and choir sit up there on the stage to perform only two songs (national and college anthem), but on the bright side, we probably get one of the best views when the teachers start their performance! :D

Yeah, and the best part of the teachers' performance this year had to be when that new teacher fell off the stage; that had to hurt. :D Anyway, the whole school was laughing; teenagers have a morbid sense of humour, yeah? :D

Okay, the most stupid thing was that the organiser forgot that we were supposed to play the college anthem, so yeah, we only played one song. Even more spastic.

Throughout the long prayer service, I wanted so badly to sleep, but clarinets are all in the first row, so that means, no, couldn't sleep, coz everyone could see us.

Man, just for that what, one hour, I wanted to be a brass player or something. Percussion all disappeared behind the curtains; since they were out of sight, they could talk or sleep or do whatever they wanted!!

Trumpet did the same... and halfway through the prayer service, I looked back and saw the whole trombone section sleeping.... I wanted to sleep!!!

Yeah, I could see that Xiaochuan was trying to stay awake....haha. :D

Okay, now I'm gonna go figure out what I'm gonna do with the rest of my day. I feel like some kind of delinquent. Haha. :D

There's band tomorrow, which means that we've sorta had band for four days in a row. Wednesday was official practice, Thursday was just playing for that rehearsal, today (Friday) we played for the real thing, and tomorrow will be official practice again....

Feels like a more slack version of pre-SYF days....seeing everyone everyday. :D

It was rather stressful, all the consecutive practices and everything, but I didn't really mind that; I like the band people, after all.

I sorta miss those days.

And I'm gonna be stepping down in about two weeks....it's gonna feel really weird once my Wednesdays and Saturdays are free.

No comments: