Monday, May 10, 2004

3 days till "Troy" opens (May 13th)


My sisters are evil hellspawn of Mordor in female human guise. I've known it since the day I was born; I just haven't openly acknowledged it till recently.

All right, moving on... Brad Pitt is everywhere. 'Tis most disturbing. He was in three DVD reviews in the same magazine, and now he's in two movies that're airing on TV this week, and just now, I switched on the TV and I happened to be channel-surfing and just happened on Channel i, and Seven Years in Tibet was on, and there was Brad Pitt's face, full in the screen.

Argh. Mine eyes are blinded.

Need Dettol to wash out the contaminants. Or Eye Mo. Or something. I still need to see Orlando Bloom's by far much nicer, more lovely face.

Stop saying "lovely", you stupid girl!!!!!

Right. Well, that's the way I am when I blog; whatever I think just gets typed out...

Speaking of abovementioned actors, Troy had a review in the newspaper yesterday; five outta five stars, so at least now I know that I won't be wasting my money. :) And it's been rated PG.

PG. Un-f***ing-believable. In a film with graphic violence and implied sexual nudity, Singapore's censorship board gives it a PG?!?

That's it; who kidnapped the chairperson of the Board and forced him to rate it PG??

Or did they take into consideration that the three main principle actors would simply look wonderfully fetching in skirts and they foresaw that more young, teenaged, hormonal females would flock to the cinemas to watch it if they lowered the rating and so allow the box office here to earn more money?

Well, that's always a reason, I think.

When I found out that it was rated PG, I was thinking, "All right, this probably means that something's been censored, so there's probably a separate, complete, NC-16 version or something, like what they did with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets two years ago."

But apparently, in the newspaper, it's still listed as being 165 minutes long. Which is the original full-length running time as listed... um, elsewhere. Like in the LIME mag.

Or maybe the Straits Times is lying to us! *Gasp* The HORROR! Blackmailing little girls into watching a film far too gory or them just so that they can earn money! Or they're just making everyone believe that they're getting the full 165 minutes when about half an hour of it has been censored and deleted or... whatever.

There's only one way around this; I shall have to go watch it and time the running!

Hah. But knowing me, I'll probably forget to start the timer on my watch or something. Or maybe my watch might run out of battery halfway through the film, and I won't be able to see the timing. Horrible luck I have sometimes.

Ah, I know; I'll start the timer on my phone! As long as it has enough battery, the phone timer won't die on me! Or I might accidentally press some stupid button and stop the timer or something. Meh.

Why do I keep typing "or something" now??

Stupid vocabulary. Stupid brain. Not another "stupid" out of you now; twice is repetitive and gives emphasis, but thrice is too much.

Oh, but I still managed to get into a lovely (shit, not that word again!!) writing mood today! Finally finished my chapter 38; have started on chapter 39 now; think I'll stop it at chapter 40. Or maybe I'll add in an epilogue.

And Blogger has changed their...um...layout. It looks more... perky now, for lack of a better word. But I don't like this posting window! I want the old one back, where I could change the dates or whatever... That old window looked far nicer and more professional, anyway. I shall find a way to get the classic window back.

I will. In time. Sometime.

The wonders of procrastination, eh?

No comments: