Saturday, May 08, 2004

5 days till "Troy" opens (May 13th)


Went for dinch (lunch and dinner; get it? :D) with Pam at Far East BK; had the cheese nuggets; they were lovely, but not as melty-like as I expected. They were still lovely, tho. :D Maybe I'll learn to make my own cheese nuggets, and I'll make them really melty-like. :D

Saw the "Troy" display outside Shaw House again... it's semi-obscene how pretty Orlando Bloom and Diane Kruger look together, man! I hope Orlando Bloom's acting is better in this movie; some reviewers seem to think so. In Rings and Pirates, it was still kinda forced... he needs to loosen up a bit, haha...

Went off for alumni band later... Matthew and I were like the only clarinetists there, so for a while I had no section! Haha. And then when sectionals were over, Kwan Chin showed up. With his brother.

I know that Kwan Chin has a twin brother, but I've never seen him before, since they went to different schools, and when the two of them came walking down the corridor together, it was like, oh, Kwan Chin's here, and-- hang on, why does this other person beside him look exactly like him??

Haha.

Anyway, it was kinda cute when we went into the band room, haha... most of the juniors and everyone else were kinda laughing coz they were alike, and someone was asking like, "eh, which one's Kwan Chin??" Haha.... and saying things like "they even sound alike!"

Which is true; the first time his brother said anything in the band room, he sounded exactly like Kwan Chin, haha..

Played through Phantom of the Opera relatively smoothly today; played the "Phantom" part through, and it was LOVELY. So cool, with the drum set and everything in the later part! But, thing is, Phantom sounds DAMN nice and DAMN cool, but it's damn hard and damn painful to play...

I figure that's enough "damns".

Oh, and John dropped by for a visit today! He had his SMU interview earlier; good luck to him for the results of that! :D

Um. Nothing else worthy of note happened today, so I'll be off now...

No comments: