Sunday, May 23, 2004

Finished watching BHD yesterday... haven't found any links yet.

Although Eric Bana's hick accent cracks me up like all hell. :P

What makes it even funnier is that it's not his real accent, but his Aussie accent does sound close enough to it, lol....

And even better yet, the end credit song is this old-military sounding thing; like from the late 1800s, with the cavalry and their drummer boys and fiddles. I thought it sounded lovely, really fitting, although I couldn't make out most of the words, and then suddenly, the last two lines were really clear, and I *recognised* those last two lines, man.

I read the lyrics of that old song in an X-Men 2 fic once, and I loved those lyrics and the song even before I ever heard it, and yesterday I was so goddamn happy when I heard it on the end of the BHD movie, man!

It's a wonderful song; had me obsessed with the idea of minstrel boys and too-young boys going off to war, for quite some time.

Band yesterday was fun... more fun than last week, at least; last week, Alvin was all stressed and tearing his hair out; kinda the usual thing when there's a performance coming up. Got used to that after two years.

Hm.. what else... oh, Wei Jian's back. Which is odd, coz he said two weeks ago that he wasn't gonna be playing for performance. Or maybe he's just like Kwan Chin, just coming back for fun, but might not be playing. Meh. Some people are too free. :P

And, Soon Aik messaged me this morning; apparently she's back in Singapore, and hey, I think she's coming for our performance. :D Which I think is at SJI.

Eck. Never really liked SJI's PAC... Didn't like the stage all that much. Or the place in general. Ah heck.

Bored. Gonna go to Band World at IMM later, and after that, gonna go to Botanic Gardens and watch the PhilWinds play stuff; my sis says that their repertoire includes the POTC suite and Instant Concert; that's fine by me.

And in closing, I shall leave you the lovely song from the end credits of BHD. :)



Minstrel Boy

The Minstrel Boy to the war has gone
In the ranks of death you will find him
His father's sword he hath girded on
And his wild harp slung behind him

"Land of Song!" said the warrior bard
"Though all the world betrays thee
One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard
One faithful harp shall praise thee!"

The Minstrel fell, but the foeman's chains
Could not bring this proud soul under
The harp he loved never spoke again
For he tore its chords asunder

And said, "No chains shall sully thee
Thou soul of love and bravery!
Thy songs were made for the pure and free
And shall never sound in slavery!"

No comments: