Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Well, hello.... Khai Yee told me today that she reads my humble little nothing of a blog everyday and that my use of language is nice and that I'm part of what inspires her.

It's extremely flattering, but I swear, my head did not burst.

It merely expanded slightly.

Hehe. Well, all right, it didn't, honestly, but really, it was flattering.

I'm listening to that lovely music off the Troy site again; so forgive me if I start getting spastic; the music makes me all depressingly happy (an oxymoron, but I swear, that's how I feel. Depression makes me happy in some really odd way) and dreamy-like. It's lovely, it is.

I must have said "lovely" at least 30 times today and yesterday altogether. Where the hell is your vocabulary, girl?!?

Argh.

Anyway, my dad's laptop is rather screwed up at the mo, so I'm using my mum's laptop to get on the net, and joy, I actually managed to print out my unfinished work from my dad's computer, so this means that I'm not gonna lose anything if the com decides to really crash and burn and die. Coz I've got it all out on paper!

Good thing all my finished stuff is on the net; it's sorta "safe" there, if you know what I mean. Safe from com crashes, that is.

Ever notice how when you're waiting for something, the nearer that particular event gets, the further away it seems?

It's like the last LOTR film; waited a whole year for it, of course, ever since I watched the second film, but when it actually came around to Dec 2003 itself, when it was actually gonna be released that month, the waiting was more unbearable than it was eleven or ten months ago.

And now, "Troy"; I've been waiting for it since January this year, and now, when it's opening in Singapore in less than ten days' time, the waiting is crapping me off FAR more than it was in January, I assure you!

I wonder if this is the kinda stuff that Einstein was thinking of when he thought of the concept/theory of relativity.

All right, I'm bored. Horribly so.

My Troy ficcie is halfway done. Wonderful, isn't it? Movie isn't even released yet, and I've a fic halfway done.

Eh, well, that's only coz I've read the Iliad and the Odyssey before... altho I'll admit that i'm an abnormal child; nobody reads epic poems like Homer's Iliad and Odyssey when they're nine or ten years old. Except for little me, course. Meh. Oddball Gerri.

Not that out of character for me, tho, I'll admit... I always was borrowing science books from the library when I was young when all the other kids my age were borrowing stuff like kiddy tales and the like. Although I remember that I loved Mooty! Mooty the mouse! Lovely children's book. You don't see those around anymore nowadays... how sad.

I used the word "lovely" again. Damn brain.

Thing about reading epic poems when you're really young though, is, ten years on, when you want to write a fic, you've probably forgotten just about everything... Which is why I seriously don't remember anything about Paris being left to die as an infant, as the Troy official site says. Meh.. well... since it's there, I'll just use it for creative fodder, then. :D

Right. Nothing else to say/type. Off now. Ta.

No comments: