Sunday, February 22, 2004

Met Pam before going for alumni band today. Walked around Orchard, looking at things that we couldn't afford, ie: taking part in the most exquisite form of torture ever invented by humankind: window shopping. :P

Well, not "window" shopping per se, since we spent most of our time in Kino looking at books and not looking at stuff through shop windows, lol.

Oh, when we got there though, there was this guy doing some cooking demonstration; promotion for his cookbook. :P Was some cuttlefish dish, and he peeled a tomato with a cook's knife, which I find somewhat amazing, coz well, despite the fact that the knife was rather big and ungainly and everything, he managed to peel the tomato so nicely!! :P

Can't remember his name though. Christian something, I think.

Pam got her seventh earhole.

It was rather horrifying to watch the process, really. :P

There's this little gun thingy, and the lady pulled it back, putting the ear stud of choice on one end and the catch on the other end, and then she put it on Pam's ear, and then just SNAP! the thing drove straight into her ear-- :S

Got a shock myself, haha... :P

Today's alumni band was really fun, actually.

Xiaochuan came!! Haha.... geez, he's lost a lot of weight! He's about um... three quarters the size that he was when we were still in school! And his head's shaved really close too, haha.

Kwan Chin came back too; Chee Khiong says that he's second leftenant or something now that's he's graduated from OCS. Daniel couldn't come today; Yee Hui says the poor guy's got a fever.

Pam and I got to school at 5.45, and we figured that since we were early we'd just sit in the quadrangle, haha... We ended up sitting there till about 6 and I was lying down with my head on my bag looking up at the sky (which was really very blue; not a cloud in sight) when Chee Khiong appeared on the third storey and saw us and came down to sit with us, haha.

Pei Hsia showed up after that, and she didn't come down, but then Yee Hui and Kiat Meng showed up almost immediately after her and Yee Hui unlocked the band room and she and Kiat Meng came down to joing us... It was starting to look like a picnic by the time Kevin joined us, haha...

I mean, the rubberised ground of the quad is green too; it could've passed for grass, lol.

Ran through Phantom of the Opera once; got to hear what it should actually sound like. There're some parts, some of the song selections in the piece, which I don't seem to recall, though. Maybe I'll go listen to the Phantom soundtrack that we have just to refresh my memory. :D

And Pam made wonderful cookies. I think they're cookies. Not very good with baking... um.... terminology, haha. Think she said they were shortbread. Very very nice stuff. Sort of melts in your mouth; not like chocolate does though-- this is different.

Chocolate just gets warm and then it'll start to go all gooey and spread out all over your tongue, but this one gets a little crumbly when you put it in your mouth, and then the little crumbs start to stick together a little and they make this nice soft lump in your mouth which isn't too sweet or too sticky. :D

My description sucks, but yeah, that's sorta what it's like, lol. :D

Have also decided that I have to get myself my own clarinet mouthpiece. Since I seriously doubt that I'll be able to buy myself a whole clarinet right now, I'll just settle for a mouthpiece, so that at least I won't have to keep sharing mouthpieces with the main band people.... :S

No comments: