Tuesday, June 29, 2004

All right, will be gone till Friday, again. :)

Going for Rag camp, so will probably get to see about half my OG and all my seniors again, haha. *little happy dance*

Oh, and something exciting happened just now, about 20 minutes ago, I guess; there was a blackout! As in a blackout that spanned the whole neighbourhood and everything, not just one that was confined to my house; that wouldn't have been all that exciting. :P

So, yes, apparently it was blacked out as far as Thomson as well, coz my sis' friend called about 5 minutes into the power outage, and they were yakking away about the power, and yes, so we found out that Thomson was down too; which means that's about half the island, I guess. :P

See, the power just went out, and I thought, well, heck, we'll get it back on later, someone just go downstairs and switch the main switch back on. But about a minute after the lights had all gone out, the neighbour's baby started crying, and suddenly, it just occurred to me that maybe, just maybe my area was getting one of those widespread blackouts.

So I looked out the window, and found that ALL the houses and even those across the street and everything, they were ALL dark; even the street was dark-- I've never seen the streets around here dark, man! :D

So, yes, all in all, rather exciting. The whole place was dark, except for moonlight, which really, was quite bright. :)

All right, will be back on Friday. :)

No comments: