Saturday, June 05, 2004

Just got back from concert; WHEE!!!!!!!! :D

God, that was FUN; I wasn't even anxious and nervous like I usually am before a performance; maybe it's coz this time I was only performing two songs instead of an entire repertoire, haha....

Oh, but people, there were so many people that I knew who came to watch us! My Gerri twin came to watch, and Karen too! Oh, and when it was over, I came downstairs to look for my sis, and I saw Miss Fernandez and her husband! And Soon Aik and Dawn were there, and John and Wei Jian came too, and when I was leaving, I saw Wai Lun with John; almost didn't recognise Wai Lun at first, man; I haven't seen him for so long! :D

Sadly, Wai Lun said that he only arrived after interval, which means that he missed our performance! And that means that he was only left with the boring old choir and the combined band and choir piece finale... :(

Still find choir as boring as usual; even the guitar club was better than them tonight, man! Mostly coz their soloist; some guy called Anson, I think; was really good-- played like a pro, man. As for the song that the whole guitar club performed together, well... the group songs still don't do it for me. I think it has something to do with the fact that everyone seems to be playing more or less the same thing, while in band there're melody players and counter-melody and harmonics and everything; band has a fuller sound that way, and guitar just doesn't seem to be able to cut it.

Nearly died playing Appalachian Overture; oh, but Phantom of the Opera was good... was lovely; I had fun on that one!! :D

Haha... we actually had a sorta false start on Phantom; the power for the synthesiser went off, so before we got to bar 8, Alvin stopped us and explained to the audience that the power for the synthesiser had gone off; poor Jacqueline was so embarrassed when Alvin actually pointed her out. But her solo later when beautifully; everyone loved it, they clapped and everything; she played a few wrong notes, but they actually didn't sound too far off, so you wouldn't know that they were wrong unless you were looking for it or unless you knew how exactly it was supposed to sound.

And Viknesh was great on his solo, man! And his sisters really look a lot like him!! And Ming Li's brother looks like Kevin, haha!! Some of the alumni people spotted him when people were just getting seated before the concert started, and Wei Seng kept on for about half an hour, annoying Kevin by saying that the kid was Kevin's brother, haha... but it was pretty freaky; Ming Li's brother really did look like Kevin, man! Like a younger version of Kevin!

Was so fun; don't think I've ever enjoyed myself at a concert more, haha... :D

And in other news, Gerri is becoming obsessed with Eric Bana/Orlando Bloom slash, coz those two are just absolutely fetching, and putting the two of them together in any way is just damn hot. :P

So.. this is kinda leading towards me leaning towards Hector/Paris incest Troy slash.... :P Haha... yes, Gerri is a poor, sick, sad child indeed. :P

Oh, but they do look so cute together, like in all the Cannes pics where it looks like Orlando Bloom's being babied by Eric Bana; awww, that's just so *cuuute*..... :D

All righty.... Gerri is still giddily happy after concert, so off she shall go.. to do.. um. Something. To amuse herself.

Hm.

Well, all right, back to the slash fics, I suppose... :P

No comments: