Sunday, June 20, 2004

Had so much FUN yesterday, hahaha...

Met Pam at City Hall to register for the Arts Camp thingy, and then we walked to Bugis Junction to buy stuff for her junior's and Sylvia's bdays; we got her junior a keychain with her chinese surname on it and we got little bags made of recycled paper and with lovely dried, dyed leaves stuck onto their sides so that we could put cookies in them later.

Oh, and I found out that there's a Kinokuniya at Bugis Junction; was most fascinating-- I thought that there was only one Kino in Singapore!! All right, so anyway, I went in to look at books, and in the small corner with two shelves set aside for War/Military History, I found one book tucked away into the corner. Just one.

So, yes, I'm finally the owner of Mark Bowden's "Black Hawk Down". Yippee. :D

Altho I've found that I can't read it at night; it's military history as written by a reporter/journalist after all, so there's a distinct and expected lack of dialogue-- due to the lack of dialogue, it makes it very boring to read at night, so I can only read it in the daytime when the sunlight will at least make sure that I don't fall asleep, haha.

But it's still really good; have started into the second part of the book already; um.. chapter 15 or so, I think.

Then we walked back to her place to start baking.... :D

Made "Chocolatey chocolate chip cookies" and "Fudgie Wudgies"!!

Haha... um, was kinda hilarious, really. :P

See, we dolloped the cookie mix onto the baking sheet and put it into the over to start it baking, and Pam and I were kinda horrified at how much they were spreading once they were in the oven, LOL. And then they looked really lovely, so we started going about preparing a second batch, when suddenly Pam's mum came out and she took one look at the ones in the oven and went, "Pam, why are some so big and some so small?"

So Pam bent down for a look, and she sorta shrieked then and wailed about they were collapsing! So I bent down to look too, and yeah, they were collapsing! Like, just deflating right there; to put it as Pam said: "They're collapsing before my very eyes!"

And a few minutes later, Pam's dad came home and he took one look at them and he told Pam that he was sure that if she knelt down in front of the oven and prayed really hard, God might make them all right. Lol. :P

So the cookies turned out kinda flat, but after that we made Fudgie Wudgies and those turned out lovely!! And I found out that Pam's kitchen timer works; she thought that it was spoilt. I love those timers; ticktickticktick... :D :P

Oh, and Pam showed me the issue of FHM that she bought which has Laura in it; she's wearing this skimpy red bikini in the photoshoot in the mag, and man, she looks gorgeous, but it's damn weird; I can't believe that I shared a classroom with this girl for two years!! :P

Not to mention that it's damn weird to look at your classmates in any kind of state of undress.

No comments: