Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Training again today... think I'm starting to re-adjust to the weight of the bow.

But best of all, today, Zhicong took some risers and limbs out of the "secret stash", so a few of us Logistics Cell people took the chance to grab new limbs and nice-looking risers, haha. Being in Log has its perks. :D

I got myself a lovely new Samick riser, dark blue at the ends fading into light blue in the middle, with a black grip, and *new* Progress-1 limbs! Hahaha... I think it's safe to say that Angel and I have the nicest-looking bows in NUS Archery now, lol.

Angel's new riser looks like mine, only the grip is a very light blue-green colour, to blend in with the colour of the riser around it.

Lemme see if I can find a picture of my riser on Samick's website...

Ah. Found it. :)




My riser looks like this, except that the grip is black; one of these days, I'll use someone's digicam or phone to take a picture of my dear baby and upload it here. Which reminds me that I now need a name for my metal bow. Suggestions, anyone? Once again, use the tagboard to your left. :)

I want something which sounds... cool, and not too cliched, if that points you guys in the right direction. :)



Went for job interview earlier today, and it seems promising; only problem with holiday jobs is that I'm worried that it'll clash with *EVERYTHING*. Especially since I'm involved with a lot of Freshmen Orientation Projects (FOP), and furthermore, my archery training is three times a week, with a competition less than a month away!! And I so desperately wanna win something for this one, NUS Indoor. ARGH!!!

Let's see what I'm worried about...

1. Arts Camp (pre-camp and camp itself; stay-in camp, so obviously I won't be able to work for a week or so)

2. Matriculation Fair (doing marketing with Ivan; have no experience with marketing, though)

3. Orientation Week (also involves a pre-camp and stay-in camp; also, I'm doing HR with Ivan)

4. Rag and Flag (I'm one of the people in charge of tech for Rag and I'm Flag DPD)

5. Arts Bash 2 (doing ticketing with Steven. Not so stressful, since most of the work comes only on the day itself, but now I have to go look for quotations for printing of tickets.)

6. Archery training 3 times a week!! (NUS Indoor 2005... I so desperately want to win something in Standard Class, before I have to move on to 'C' Class next year to open up spaces for the juniors; needless to say, competition in 'C' Class is a lot stiffer.)


Sigh. With all this stuff, I really need a job which is *very* flexible, preferably allows me to work from home, and which pays reasonably well. Currently, all I have to go on is waitressing at Ivan's workplace, which pays $6/hr, but it also does involve a lot of standing and walking around; you won't sit AT ALL for about 5 hours. I don't mind that so much, but well, it's very hard-earned cash indeed. And who doesn't want easy money, haha.

Anyone with lobang, please lemme know!!! Desperately need the cash, man.

And on a different note: I heard this song on Kenneth's blog today, "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw. It's not as morbid as its title makes it out to be; it's more like one of those songs which encourages you to live life to its fullest, and what's more, it sounds almost exactly like something which I randomly thought up yesterday: "Live each day of your life as if it were your last one on earth; one day, you'll be right, but by then, you'll have nothing left to regret."

So, here's the song:

Live Like You Were Dying
by Tim McGraw

He said, "I was in my early forties, with a lot of life before me
When a moment came that stopped me on a dime
I spent most of the next days, looking at the x-rays
And talking 'bout the options, and talking 'bout sweet time

I asked him, when it sank in
That this might really be the real end
How's it hit ya when you get that kind of news
"Man, what'd ya do?"
He said:

"I went skydiving, I went rocky mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chew
And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin"
And he said, "Someday I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'"

He said, "I was finally the husband that most the time I wasn't
And I became a friend, a friend would like to have
And all of a sudden, goin' fishin' wasn't such an imposition
And I went three times that year I lost my dad
Well I, I finally read the Good Book
And I took a good long hard look
At what I'd do if I could do it all again
And then,

"I went skydiving, I went rocky mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chew
And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin'
And he said, "Someday I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'"

Like tomorrow was a gift
And you got eternity to think about what'd you do with it
What would you do with it
What did I do with it
What would I do with it

Skydiving, I went rocky mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chew
And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
And I watched an eagle as it was flyin
And he said, someday I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'
To live like you were dyin'
Live like you were dyin'

No comments: