Friday, January 14, 2005

Lalala. Blogging now coz I've been too lazy to do it for the last three days and because I don't have class today, and hopefully I'll be able to get all the tutorial slots that I want next week and I'll be able to continue to keep Friday free and so when the mid-sem break comes around, because I have Friday free, I won't be as confused as I was last sem with the new "week" system!

Sorry. Babbled. Haha. But yes, I have everything planned out, you see. Am a genius. :P Am slightly high anyway, because I have Cascada's "Endless Summer" on loop. But that's because I just got it and I'm testing it out and am just too lazy to switch the track. Starting to see a trend here, aren't we. Am a lazy slob. Ha.

Anyway, yesterday Kenny gave me another book!!! *squeals* A selection of Sylvia Plath's poems, and it's hardback too.

I love Kenny!!! Haha... not in that way, of course; you know what I mean. :D

I know, you're probably appalled at how few (compared to people like Kenny and Rachel-Jie) books a bookworm like me has, but well, let's just say that when I was younger, most of the classics and great twentieth-century authors' works that I read were all borrowed from the library. Back when the library still had a good selection of books, that is. I mean, now if you searched for the Iliad on NLB's catalogue, they'd tell you that it's in the Used Book Repository!! What kind of ultimate SACRILEGE is that?!?

*calms down*

Maybe I should change the song, haha. It's just working me up, lol.

Oh, and I went out with Pam on Wednesday evening; bought each other our long-overdue Christmas presents, haha. Went to The Body Shop (read: Heaven filled with pretty, colourful, fragrant things that you just can't keep your fingers away from), and she bought me a sponge! Haha... I finally have one of those exfoliating sponge thingies! There's something therapeutic about owning a sponge, I tell you. The way you squish it and it bounces back, all springy and sproingy and..- well, you get the idea, I suppose. :D

And after much deliberation, because Pam couldn't make up her mind as to what kind of bracelet she wanted, she finally decided on one and I bought it for her, haha. After which, we bought pretzels (lovely things, by the way; everyone start patronising Auntie Anne's! :D) and then went up to the library, which both of us haven't visited in ages!

Probably coz the only library we've really been concerned with lately is the NUS Central Library, haha.

And this semester keeps getting better and better. I have the most wonderful lecturers; my Soci of Deviance and Military History of Singapore lecturers are both rather humorous folks as well, and so maybe Military History won't be as boring and painful as I thought it'd be.

Quotes:

SC2212- Sociology of Deviance: Narayanan Ganapathy :
(On how the deviance of an act depends very much on the context in which the act takes place)
Take for example, masturbation. *Loud snickers all around* If you do it in the privacy of your own room, it has a rather cathartic effect, doesn't it? *Very loud laughter all over the LT, especially from the guys* But if you did it in public, that'd be deviance. And if you did it at the 4th level of NUH, it would be a public service.

(The 4th level of NUH is where the sperm bank is located.)

SSA2208/HY2242- Military History of Singapore: Brian Farrell:
"...the 3 "F's" that all great civilisations must do to expand; Feeding, Fighting, and I think you can figure the last one out for yourself."

No comments: