Saturday, January 01, 2005

Random thoughts which came into my head while spring-cleaning:


-Never knew my room was this dusty.

-Dust bunnies may be alive. Seriously. The guy who coined the phrase may have been thinking of that when he did so; "bunny", see?

-Dust bunnies *are* alive. Sometimes. Like when they have tiny little bugs stuck in the middle of them when said tiny bugs try to scurry away but get snaggled in a dust bunny and end up dragging the dust bunny along with them. There's something really cute about that, though, so I just picked up the dust bunny and flung it out the window; dirt and dust and tiny bug and all. *thinks maybe the dust bunny acted like a parachute* :D

-Was cleaning my study table when I looked up and saw the bookshelf. Ohhh boy. Am not looking forward to having to clean out my bookshelf. Lots of books are not a good thing at a time like this.

-Emptied out some of the drawers in my study table. Found a few photos of my Guides patrol from back in secondary school, and I FINALLY did what I couldn't bear to do for YEARS: I threw them out with all the junk paper that was accumulating in one pile in the center of my room. I never felt anything for those photos anyway, and I disliked most of my patrol, so there. The only reason why I was keeping them was only because I could never bear to throw photos away. Must've been the chat that I had with Ivan on MSN last night that changed a few things; we unloaded quite a lot of um.. "emotional baggage", in our words. :P

-Cleared out the old textbooks that my sisters won't be needing; things like my old ten-year series, sub-science textbooks and math textbooks and my Principles of Accounts textbook. Was so glad to see that go; PoA is friggin' EVIL. I don't care how many people tell me that PoA is really simple; I admit that it is simple, but hey, it's just not my cup of tea. So hey, you can call me stupid and an idiot and whatever else you like for not getting PoA, but I'd probably just give you a blank stare and not care and quietly say in my mind: "Up yours, you freak of nature". *cackles gleefully as she throws out her Accounts textbook*

-Sister probably thinks something is wrong with me (as usual); she just looked around the doorframe when I cackled just now.

-I seem to have a lot of CDs lying around. Never knew I had this many CDs. Most of them are self-compilations, but still, I never knew I had this many of them! And my Nathalie Fisher CD is still missing.

-Cleaning bookshelf. And the books and all other assorted things in it. Will buy a wonderful dehumidifier when I have enough money. Will save me a lot of time and will spare my poor books the harshness of our horrendously humid tropical environment. Speaking of which, it's started raining again.

-Found silica gel! Suppose that'll do for now.

-Accidentally knocked over the small capful of silica gel that I just put in the bookshelf. I now hate silica gel. It rolls everywhere. *thinks of getting one of those cheap dehumidifiers that you can buy from your neighbourhood minimart instead*

-Interesting. Have not found a single lizard or a creche of spiders or anything.

-Have large pile of junk paper and old textbooks to sell off to the rag-and-bone man. Woot. Just looking at the amount of paper that's going to be recycled is making me very, very happy. What can I say; I've been a freak for recycling paper ever since I found out what happens to all the old newspapers that the rag-and-bone man carts off at the end of every month.

-Room is now very clean and very lovely. Going out for dinner, and then, shall come back and sleep, for perhaps a good 9 hours or something. Toodles. :D

No comments: