Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Had com service today; it was quite fun, actually!

Probably because it was a break from studying??

You know all those earphones that airlines give the passengers on long flights? Guess what?

Those earphones get recycled after they're used; they just remove the foam covering on the earphones and repackage them back into the little plastic bags. The only thing about them that changes is the little foam parts.

That's kinda gross and interesting all at the same time.

To quote Matthew: "You'll never look at airline earphones the same way again."

I definitely won't. :D

Anyway, I'm talking about this coz at that place for the intellectually disabled today, we were untangling a whole lot of those earphones; there were at least 50 of them with their wires all completely tangled and we had to entangle them and repackage them.

Surprisingly, they get paid for doing this, I think.

There were two piles; Wan Juan and I finished the first and then the second was even more tangled than the first, so she and Pam worked on that one for a while, then gave up.

Haha....then Wei Jian and I took the pile and managed to worm two pairs or earphones out of that huge clump! Haha...we were so proud... :P

Pam was wondering how the hell we did it; Wei Jian said it was patience, and he seemed to think that as trainees, we had more of it. Haha. The link between us being trainees and having patience is a kinda abstract one, but, oh well. I quote Wei Jian: "Trainee power." :P

Went out for lunch with John, Pam, Wai Lun and Wei Jian... Was fun. :D

Wai Lun has a most deceiving handphone accessory: it's this little blue bell attached to it, and attached to that blue bell is a little plastic case. Inside that plastic case is a small sign that says "F*** you". Haha.

Wai Lun says that the purpose of the bell is to deceive you and make you go, "Oh, how cute," and then you pick it up for a closer look and what you get is the little plastic case with its crude little message. Haha. :D

Everyone's changing their phones...or phone accessories.

Wai Lun's got that little thing, John's changed his phone cover (his present one's *very* nice), Pam's got her new 7250 (with loudspeakers for the radio function, haha)....and I'm still stuck with my ancient phone. Crap.

Oh, wait....Wei Jian hasn't changed his phone! Ha, there's hope for me...

But his phone's nice; no reason why anyone in their right mind would wanna get that perfectly nice blue phone changed. Oh, but he removed that little coffin-shaped thing that he had hanging off it last year.

Yeah, on the way back to that centre after lunch, we met this old man who claimed that he'd just come out of jail or something and had no money and he was pleading with us to give him some cash; the guys each gave him $2! I had no money, and Pam just stood by; she didn't buy the old guy's story, and I didn't really, either.

It was kinda weird. Anyway, after the guys gave him their money, Wai Lun complained about how he was broke and Wei Jian said that he didn't have anymore notes left...haha. Which reminds me that I owe Pam $5.50 for today's lunch and the two drinks. :P

I've just realised that I keep writing these three guys into my blog thingy... haha.

I dunno; I realised some time last year that I'm the strange type of girl that fits in better with guys than girls, but yet, at the same time, I can't be with those guy friends very much coz:

1. Their friends will think it's strange

2. It feels weird to be the only girl when their other friends (all guys) are around

3. Their other guy friends might also feel quite uncomfortable if there was a girl around (after all, there is the kinda stuff that both girls and guys only talk about among themselves.)

Well...10 years in a girls' school and now I finally find out why I've always felt like a freak: this lil' girl here couldn't associate well with girls! What a loser I am.

I read somewhere once that love (as in romantic love) always spoils or complicates friendships, and I think I agree.

So I guess I'm one of the most lucky people in the world to have John and Wai Lun, whom I do consider quite good friends, though not as much as Pam! I've known Pam for nine years, after all!! :D Not very close with Wei Jian coz he's kinda quiet and I don't think we have that much to talk about, but he is still a nice person! :)

I'm a lucky girl to have two guys as friends without love getting in the way!! :D

Man, that makes me feel so happy. :D

Have a GP lesson tomorrow. Hope it's relatively short, as frankly, Ms Fernandez scares me.

Gonna study in the library both before and after the lesson; my Geog needs a lot of work.

Going back to that centre for the intellectually disabled on Friday; quite looking forward to it, actually, since today was quite fun!

Late....gonna go to sleep. Nitez......... :) :) :)

No comments: