Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Reading good stuff sometimes makes you feel vastly inadequate; especially when said author quotes lines of beautiful classic poetry that fit into the story and sound beautiful in and of themselves.

As a result of said quality reading, Gerri now wants to learn sign language. I considered it a few years ago, I remember, but never did anything about it. There're a lot of things in my life which I've considered but never done anything about, come to think of it.

And yeah, I keep wanting to learn languages, anyway.

And with regard to aforementioned classic poetry, I need books by John Donne. If I remember right, I think I was taught that he was a metaphysical poet or something. And I need T.S Eliot. "The Wasteland". Utterly depressing piece.

Means that I HAVE to have it. :P

Robert Frost wouldn't hurt either. And throw in Coleridge while you're at it.

ARGH!! Gerri needs to go on a poetry-reading binge!!! I need books!!!

No comments: