Sunday, April 18, 2004

USP interview yesterday was okay.... As is always the case with these kinds of things, I forget the questions the minute I step out of there. Happens everytime after an exam too. Blessing in disguise, I say. :P

Anyway, I wasn't nervous when I got there, which I found rather strange myself, but eh.. when I walked into the interview room itself, that changed. Slightly. Only slightly, but was enough to make a difference. Or it might have been the air-conditioning. The rooms were all really white and sparsely furnished and the air-conditioning must've been 20 degrees or something, so it was pretty cold...

But, it was okay. :)

Told my sis a few days ago that Troy was rated R in the USA; sorta means NC-17. Which means that when it opens here, it'll probably get an M18 rating. My sis swears that she's gonna go to Balestier to watch, coz the last time she went there with some friends, they didn't check their ICs. Not that she had an IC at that time. Which sort of is my point.

Ned Kelly didn't have a terrifically wonderful review in today's paper, which sucks... Only got 2 and a half stars outta five, so now I'm still wondering if I actually wanna go watch it. Or maybe I'll get the VCD at a later date.

Watched Hidalgo already; let it never be said that Viggo Mortensen can't sing. :D All right, I mean that it a positive way... I mean, the guy can sing Elvish stuff, he sings um, jazz, and... uh now we know that he can sing Native American-Indian folk songs too! Altho, geez... when the guy speaks the Sioux language in the movie, it's weird. It sounds so bloody much like Elvish yet not like Elvish at the same time, and it sounds like gibberish coz the sounds keep repeating throughout the sentences!

And speaking of the guy... I read his poem, "Communion", and Jesus Christ, is absolutely bloody depressing. You wouldn't think the guy had it in him. It's absolutely wonderful. :D

Ah, watched Shattered Glass too. Was great; I mean, story was very good, and Hayden Christensen was smashing (did I just type "smashing"?!? Oh, heck, who cares); it was like acting within acting, you know what I mean? And man, Stephen Glass was just kind of a suck-up in the film, but really, he was a rather loveable suck-up. Sorta felt sorry for him.

I think now I'll just sit back and wait for Troy; only about a month left to go; yippee. :)

No comments: