Monday, November 08, 2004

Got home at 10.36 pm today. And this is significant because, this is the first time in about two weeks that I have reached home before 11 pm on a school day.

Decided to leave early today because me had a headache. Not the constant, pounding kind of headache; I've never had any of those; but the kind that just comes and goes-- it comes up and sort of jabs at your brain for a bit and then it slinks off back into its wormhole, the sneaky little thing, only to come back later.

Oh, and yes, first day of Exam Tea was a success! I think. Well, yay. :D

I think it was a success more because of the sandwiches that someone managed to get at the very last minute; they were the leftovers or from some business seminar or something which was going on elsewhere. We were very lucky, I think. And the sandwiches weren't bad either. :)

And, we found out that a 1.7 kg tin of Milo can only last ONE day. Which means that more shopping is due tomorrow. Oh, yes, speaking of shopping. Went with Ivan to Giant to buy biscuits after our classes ended-- Giant comes up with the strangest ideas at times.

There were these tins of biscuits near the entrance of the supermarket, and the sign above them said that they were on offer, their price having been slashed from $4.50 to $2.94. So we took two tins of those, only to be told at the cashier that the lower price was only applicable if you bought $30 worth of those biscuits! O_O

That. Just. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Who the hell would buy $30 worth of biscuits? Unless they were in our situation, that is. :P And the other thing is, $30 worth of those biscuits.. $30 worth at the price of $2.94 each, or at the price of $4.50 each??

Anyway, we bought that 1.5 kg tin of durian-filled, sandwich biscuits, and another 1.2 kg tin of assorted biscuits, which later turned out to be quite worth the money.

My sister saw me while we were waiting for the bus, and she came out of the shop to talk to me; somewhere in the course of our conversation, she mentioned (as a side-effect of not having anything to do on Saturday afternoons, and watching Meteor Garden reruns to fill that time) that she'd become somewhat obsessed with F4. For the love of all that is sacred in this world, I hope she gets over it soon.

Anyway, Ivan commented that my sister was like a miniature version of me. Told him not to tell her that, or she'd scream in abject horror. Let's hope now that she does not read this.

Got back to school, helped them set up a little, then went back to clubroom; studied, read some Soci, and fell asleep. :P Denise got back from her cell meeting sometime after I'd woken up, and well.. big falling-out over there. Shall not mention details.

I brought in Ivan's techno CD, which he'd left in the room on Friday night, for her to just um.. well, cool off, and at that time, June and Xuzi had come into the computer room too, and when I started playing it, June said that me and techno "just doesn't go, man."

I am not sure if she meant that I was being poser-ish, or if she just meant that I didn't seem like the kind that would like techno.

Like I give a flying crap anyway. I'll like what I choose to like thank you very much and you can take whatever preformed opinions of me you have and swallow them with acid if you so displease.

But I do know that some of the opinions that people form of me at first tend to differ very drastically from what I'm really like. I have a general idea of the kinds of impressions that I tend to form, and most of the time, I make use of those impressions. You'd love what I can get away with, but I won't tell you. Coz that'd just ruin the whole plan if you actually knew how I use their impressions of me to my advantage, wouldn't it? :)

Yes, I'm a scheming little bugger. That's also one of the many things that people wouldn't have guessed at first.

Anyway, Denise mentioned that she knew that Ivan and I had blasted techno in the room when no one was around; she said that he'd posted it on his blog, so nosey me went to have a look.

Yeah, we blasted techno in the clubroom after Friday's OM, when the rest of the MC had gone off to watch "Shark Tale" or had gone home. Was so much fun.. for all of ten minutes. Because Jasmine came back in, and Ivan decided to be civil to anti-techno people and stop playing his CD. Sigh.

Anyway, she left at around 9 pm, and we started playing it again, haha. But by that point in time, Ivan had been bitten by the boredom bug, so he'd taken to drawing various kinds of animals on almost every available space on the whiteboard; most of them of dinosaurs-- which also included stick figures in various states of distress/ serious bodily harm/ damage. :D :D

On Wednesday, Ivan also introduced most of the people in the clubroom to a lot of the online games that he knew of; the brainless, sadistic, bloody, violent kind which is typical of our generation. You know what I mean. Things like Fishy! and the various versions of Penguin Batting; the only one which was intellectually stimulating was Mystery of Time and Space. We are now all stuck at the new level of that game, which, according to the seniors familiar with the game, wasn't there when they all completed it in the past.

Ivan and Steven were laughing at me for not being able to finish the Fishy! game. Buggers. Nyah.

Oh yeah, and there was also this survey conducted on top universities in the world, which Ivan showed me on Friday, and which appeared in the papers on Saturday; apparently, NUS ranks as the 18th best university in the world.

My eyes kinda bugged out of my head; someone out there has to pulling a fast one on the whole world.

Honestly, yes, I *do* doubt that NUS's system is all *that* great; and we were even ranked above top European and American universities-- something isn't right. Like someone said on that forum where it was posted, if such a good university is available in our country, why then does the government see the need to give out scholarships for students to go overseas to further their studies??

Hm. Ranting. Long post! Woot. Haven't done a long post in quite some time! Last lecture for GEK2001 tomorrow; getting back projects-- hopefully my group will get that A which we all want so badly!! :D

*crosses fingers*

No comments: