Monday, November 22, 2004

Yesterday, I proved once and for all that I *CAN* finish the bloody Fishy! game. I have evidence. It is stored in my files on the Arts Club Room's computer. And if you actually dare doubt that I finished the game all by myself, Denise and Arvin witnessed my accomplishent!

Take that, Steven Soh and Ivan Kwan. That's for laughing at me when I couldn't seem to finish it when I first started out. :P

GEK2001 paper was all right... 1 down, 4 to go. EN2101E paper tomorrow, and that's the paper that scares me the most. I have just about ZERO confidence with that one, and I'll be a LOT happier when I manage to shake that one off at about 3 pm tomorrow. Then it'll be back to some rather enjoyable Soci reading for Wednesday's SC1101E MCQ exam.

I have this sneaking suspicion however, that, like I told Ivan as we were leaving clubroom tonight, I'm going to burn out after my Soci paper.

This is bad. Doubly so when you take into consideration that almost everything *bad* which I anticipate will come to pass.

Oh well. Will just have to hang in there.

Ivan was playing songs on his laptop in clubroom while I was reviewing poems for tomorrow's paper; Goo Goo Dolls' "Iris" stood out in particular.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
and sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am


I love this song.

And K-C and Jojo's "All My Life" also has special significance for me; it's the dedication song that was used in the first mass that I attended back in IJ Sec, when I found out that masses in the secondary school were SO different from what we'd been having in the primary school next door. O.O

All my life
I prayed for someone like you
And I thank God
That I.. That I finally found you
All my life
I prayed for someone like you
And I hope that you feel the same way too
Yes, I pray that you do love me too


And here's a little something which makes me feel sort of warm and fuzzy inside, upon reflection:

Ivan and I had a little semi-serious chat during the ride to Clementi (anything involving the two of us being serious is rare, if you've been reading the events of the past few weeks); here are the things which we realise we have in common, which allowed us to become rather good friends in a very short period of time and in the process shocking/ raising a few eyebrows of the people who frequent the Arts Club Room:

1. Techno Music
--> Well, technically, Ivan kinda reintroduced me to techno. My association with techno has been an on-again, off-again sort of thing ever since the time I was about 12. I can guarantee though, that before I got to know Ivan, NO ONE who knows me would know that I deem techno to be "listenable/enjoyable" music.

2. Twisted sense of humour
--> You'd have to witness this in person to truly see how warped we can get.

3. Sadist tendencies

4. Liking for screwing with people's minds
--> I suppose you could classify this under sadist tendencies, but really, it's something which requires a lot more thinking. ;)

5. Love of correcting/mocking people who use the English Language wrongly
--> Those who have been on the receiving end of this, you know damn well how annoying we can be on our own; don't even talk about us combining forces.

6. Having younger sisters who seem decidedly more stable/sane than we both are

7. Given all the above, we both wish that the other was a sibling we'd grown up with
--> Although if I'd grown up with an older brother like Ivan, I'd probably be even more unstable than I already am. :P

Back to Lit studying. My lecturer shall pin my face to a dartboard and use my picture for target practice for years to come for failing this module so terribly.

No comments: