Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A-!! We got an A- for GEK2001 Project!!


Ok, so I do wish that we 'd got an A instead, but hey A- is a pretty damn good start for my first ever group project in NUS! :D Plus, this'll help a LOT with the final grade. And my CAP. :D

Out doing Exam Tea shopping again today after GEK2001 lecture; bought two days worth of stuff, and we bought sweets in addition to more biscuits and Milo powder. Oh, and the thing about the sweets was, they were these large bags of individually-packed Mentos sweets and there was no price label on the shelf, there was no price tag on the packet, and the price-checking machine was not working, and some time before we went to the cashier, Ivan remarked jokingly that for all we knew the sweets would cost $10 or something.

And they DID.

Those sweets were NOT worth $10, man. I told him that he'd jinxed it! Or maybe that's just something like what happens to me all the time; everytime I anticipate something bad happening, it always happens. Never happens with anything good that I think will happen. Damnit.

In the end, he still decided to go ahead and keep the sweets because he wanted to exhaust the budget anyway.

Today's response was all right I think, but like yesterday, I wasn't at the booth the whole time, so I'm not all that sure. We gave out all the highlighters about an hour into the thing, and then we started on the pens.

And today they decided to go downstairs to the forum to ask more people if they wanted Milo and stuff.

Anyway, later on, we all came back to the clubroom, and... well, ok, remember Ivan's drawings of dinosaurs menacing/ killing/ crushing various anonymous stick figures? Point is, they weren't supposed to stay anonymous. Ivan provided blanks with "insert name of choice" under those stick figures, and he'd expected them to be filled up with names over the weekend. Unfortunately, that never happened, so tonight, he decided to fill in names by himself.

Later on, Steven was on the phone with someone, and Ivan, myself and Ben were the only ones at the big table, and we were all just minding our own business; Steven then proceeded to tell the person on the line the names that were up on the board, and Ivan and I were just sniggering away.

Until Steven said that he thought it was probably a girl who'd written all those names, because all the names were those of guys. I burst out laughing then, and Ivan just had this stricken look on his face for a few seconds-- for a few seconds, because then Steven went on to say that he thought that it was ME. Then Ivan was laughing at me.

Well, I had to defend myself, so I told him that it was Ivan's doing, NOT mine, and then Ben mentioned that he'd also thought that it was a girl who'd written those names, haha...

Ivan, maybe "the Friendster guy" could sense all these.. innate.. "tendencies" just from your picture, eh? ;D

No comments: