Monday, November 29, 2004

I. Am. So. Bored.

I'm sick of trying to listen to all the webcasts; it's not working-- got a headache just from staring at the computer screen for too long.

Think I'll just go fiddle around with all the interactive CD courseware that's been provided; that should clear up some of the problems...

And one more big problem is that apparently-- according to Ivan at least-- my lecture notes contain a LOT of unnecessary information. I hate my lecturer all the more right now. Damn stupid..... NGH.

To any FASS students reading this:

DO NOT take "Genes And Society" (LSM1302/GEK1527), unless you have a very strong background/ excellent grounding in A-level Bio or something. (And if that's the case, what on earth are you doing in FASS?!?!)

However, if you choose to find my opinion insubstantial and still feel strongly compelled to read this module, DO NOT choose the lecture group taught by Dr Low Boon Chuan. He is difficult to understand, crappy and uses far too many layman terms, so that in the end, you don't even know the proper names for half of the stuff that is of key importance, in the module.

For example, what kind of science lecturer calls chromosomes "sausages"???

What the hell.

Posting in clubroom right now... feeling really slacky since I haven't done much today besides sleep, play games, watch Clement play games on his lappie and I've only finished my first set of lecture notes for Genes and Soc.

Almost everyone ends their exams by today, if not tomorrow. Ivan and I are taking a small measure of comfort in the fact that Ken's exams end on Wednesday as well, but his will end at 7 pm, while our Genes and Soc paper is in the morning. :D

Hm... still thinking of something to do after paper on Wednesday morning.... suggestions, anyone? Please use the tagboard to your left. :)

(Ivan, if you're reading this, DO NOT suggest going home to sleep. -_-)

No comments: