Thursday, November 11, 2004

Whoo... yesterday's Exam Tea was fun. :)

Was helping out the whole time, and we got to be nice to be people, giving away all sorts of stuff, haha. I arranged all the testpad in a nice "spiral staircase" sort of way; I thought it looked nice from the top, but when I was walking back to the booth from the washroom, it looked even better from the side! :D :P

Oh, and I went dorwn to forum with Shuxing and Lijun and Alvin and Ivan to give out Milo and testpad and sweets to the people downstairs; so fun! :D :P I was a bit high on the atmosphere at the moment; not the exam atmosphere-- no one can get high on that. I think it was the happy kinda feel that you get when you do nice things for people.

Hey, this supports that "theory" which Ben told me about.. the one where he said that when you're feeling depressed, you also become very helpful; as a way to distract yourself from depression. So I suppose our source of depression would be the exams, haha. :P

Speaking of Ben, I saw him at the library too! He was just about to leave when I called him over to come take some of the stuff, haha. Oh, and I saw Zhan Tao earlier too, around the time when we'd just set up everything. And I saw Kim Tee come out at around 8, I think. Although I did wonder why he was at Central Library. Isn't Science Library open??

Oh well. Shows that Arts is truly the superior faculty, haha. :P

After pack-up.. back to clubroom. As usual. Looked at some of my past year exam papers, and found that only ONE out of my five modules has exam papers which would be relevant to me!!! WTF!! &$*#*!...

GEK1527 and SC1101E don't release the papers; for SC1101E, they don't release the MCQ format, at least. And they've changed the format for SE1101E, but at least I can use the questions. EN2101E's papers are just useless since they change the books every sem, so just about the only "untouched" module is GEK2001. My lovely A- project module. Haha.. :D

Meanwhile, while I was printing out exam papers, Denise was rummaging around in the drawers, looking at some of the photo albums that were in there; she found an album of Rag 2002, what raggers call "Dragon Rag", simply because the float that year was that of a dragon, and also worthy of note is that, that's the year when Arts finally won "Best Float Design"!

We managed to point out certain people in the photos... who looked, um.. different, when they were in costume and under layers of make-up, haha. Especially the guys. We saw Shaun, Keyou and Ridtz all dressed up, posing in front of the float during pre-judging, and we saw Haoran standing off to the side, and he had his "old hair"! Haha... it was all floppy and very "small-boy"-ish, hahaha.. And Ben pointed himself out for our benefit when we were watching the video on NUS' DMG; he was one of the warriors in the beginning, one of those who were wearing silver and white.

Man, we're so gonna make sure that we win it next year. :D




Okay. That large space that you just passed is because I had to go downstairs; apparently someone rang the doorbell and was asking for me. Turns out it was these two women who wanted to "tell me more about God".

O_O

I dislike evangelists. With a passion. Firstly, they freak me out slightly, and secondly, I find them quite bothersome. And these two women were slightly freaky because they said that they'd talked to me not too long ago; in June, they said, so they were just following up.

If I'd talked to any evangelists recently (say within this year), I'd remember. Especially if they'd come to my doorstep to do so. But no, I don't remember these people. WTH??

Whatever it is, they amused me for a while. :D

Coz I was standing there rebutting almost all their ideas, with things that I've had a LONG time to think about, AND some of the ideas that I'd got from Soci! Haha... how's that for application, man. Heehee. :D

So in the end, they didn't get very far with encouraging me to "get to know God better", but we did have some.. er. Fairly.. intelligent discussion. :P

Wonderful way to stimulate the mind on a lazy public holiday afternoon. :)

Oh and they're showing the first Karate kid movie on TV now!! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!! I remember when I was obsessed with all three of the Karate Kid movies for a while when I was 15, man; I'd just found out that the video store down the road from my auntie's place carried all three videos, so I rented and watched and rewatched and rewound and renewed and rewatched them over and over again; I loved them SO MUCH!! :D

But the first one was the best; second one was mildly interesting, but couldn't match up to the first; I think it was the "zero-to-hero" appeal of the first one. The second one was interesting because it was a different cultural atmosphere, Japan, that is, but it was the typical guy-likes-girl-but-girl-doesn't-like-him-and-she-really-likes-our-story's-hero-so-guy-with-unreciprocated-feelings-gets-jealous-and-we-all-really-know-what-happens-from-here-but-still-feel-a-strange-compulsion-to-watch-anyway.

Maybe the compulsion is partly due to the money that you paid to watch the film. Well, for those who paid to watch it in the cinemas, that is. In the... 80s. :P

And in other news, Gerri managed to complete those bothersome, mind-boggling, patience-trying games which Ivan linked to on his blog; the three rooms: the Crimson Room, the Viridian Room (which was slightly creepy when I was trying to complete it last night; especially when I flipped over the rug and there was a skeleton under it. :|) and the Blue Chamber. All of them can be found at this site, btw.

I got stuck at the Viridian Room for quite a while.. so out of frustration, I msged Ivan, haha. And he gave me um.. shall we say, hints. :)

So.. yes. Little insignificant me presently feels quite accomplished. Haha. :D

And lazy me is also supposed to be in school studying. But I'm too lazy to drag my ass all the way there, so here I am blogging. This is also part of the reason why I should really be in school. Home is too comfortable, and I know where everything is so.. yeah, I'm sure you get it.

Another long post. Meh. Think Ivan's right. Long-post bug is catching. :P But both of us have already established that we're both bad influences on each other, anyway. And we're both a bad influence on Denise, something which I realised last night when she sent me the URL of a rather morbid site. (-_-)!!

Okay, the post really is long enough. Should stop here.

No comments: