Friday, November 26, 2004

I've finally changed the music on my blog; like? :D

Woke up at about 9 am but stayed in bed; couldn't help it-- it was raining quite steadily then and I couldn't pass up the chance to spend a rainy morning in bed!

In the end, I got out of bed at about 10 and slacked around the house for a bit... Finally left for school in the afternoon.

Oddly enough, when I reached school, the clubroom was locked. o_O

After I unlocked it, for the rest of the day, it still remained rather quiet, with just Shaun, Jasmine, Clement, Ivan and me there. Even the corridor outside was unusually empty. Almost like a typical Friday in school, when relatively few people have classes on Friday. Okay, when I say "school", I mean just the Arts faculty, haha. I know other faculties are probably very busy almost everyday. :P

Oh, and I got Shaun to show Ivan the Chubb Chubbs video clip!! "The Chubb Chubbs" is this short film that won an Academy Award for best short animated film, I think, and my goodness, the title characters are the most adorable things ever.

I want a Chubb Chubb for Christmas!! :P

I was rather distracted by that video yesterday, in the afternoon, before my SE paper, haha. I watched it about 5 times in the space of an hour, because people were coming in and out of the room while I was watching it, and they wondered what we were watching, so upon finishing it, we'd start it all over again, haha.

Wasn't very productive today either; only got through two of the GEK1527 webcast lectures. Oh well. :P

Hm.. Ivan's blogpost yesterday reminded me of something that someone once told me. This particular "informant" told me about all the rumours and everything that was going around about myself and Ivan, although frankly, I think both of us had anticipated it and didn't really care. Said "informant" also told me that some people noticed that I behave differently around Ivan, and so they believed that something was going on.

One thing that should be noted is that these people don't know me all that well; I've only known them for about two months. These are mostly the people in the MC, and when I first came into office with the rest of them, I didn't know most of them very well, aside from those who were from my Arts Camp house and whom I'd gotten to be fairly comfortable with during Rag and O Week.

This most probably will sound very bad to most people, but I admit that I have different faces for different groups of people. Which, before you start judging me, you must admit, aren't all that out of the ordinary. Most people would not behave the same way with their bosses as they do with their close friends or family members, for example.

Pamela once told me that if you didn't know me very well, you'd have no idea of how loud I can be; she's right-- anyone's first impression of me usually tends to be wrong. So you can't really say that I'm behaving all that differently when you don't know me very well to begin with, can you?

I usually take some time to warm up to most people, although with a very rare few, I manage to hit it off very fast, some of these people being Pamela and John and lately, Ivan. These rare few are the ones who've probably seen what I can be like in almost every situation; when I start to get more comfortable around people, I'll open up, but in the case of this MC, opening up has only given me more reasons not to open up.

I was doubtful as to whether or not I should tell Ivan about the rumours; I was slightly afraid that in an attempt to dispel the rumours, we might end up drifting apart, but I'm so glad that he could care less about them and that we're still mucking around and being as silly as before. :P

Seeing as our friendship hasn't been affected, that's part of the reason why I'm not withdrawing all over again; if it had been affected, however, I can assure you that I'd be giving some people the evil eye. As it is, Denise and I have learned to be very wary of certain gossipy people.

And people tell Ivan about how our friendship has made me a "brighter and happier person"? Anyone who knows me well enough will know that enjoyable company has a very strong effect on me; stick me with someone whom I can communicate well with for a few minutes, and I'll get high on just the laughter and the company.

So really, there's nothing "different" about me; it's more probable that the majority of you just haven't seen all there is to me yet.

No comments: