Monday, November 15, 2004

This shall henceforth be known as "the post wherein Gerri gushes about her new haircut".

I love my new haircut!! I love it, I love it, I love it; I just can't say it enough, man. :P

Yesterday, I finally found a hairstyle that suits my horridly round face and head, and it looks so nice!! My hair is now slightly past shoulder-length, my parting has switched to the left side, and I finally have a fringe! The fringe comes down on the right side, by the way. :)

Came to school at about 4.45 pm today coz I'd gone out with my family for lunch; my aunts are down for a visit and they'll be here till Thursday, you see-- we went to Jalan Kayu to eat prata! :D Ice-cream prata... for the first time ever in my life, ice-cream was part of a meal. And I mean the main course, not the dessert. :D

All right, so I came to school, and the thing with the Arts Club Room is that when you come through the door into the "lounge" area of the room there's a shelf immediately on the right of the door for you to stash your bag. So I just put my bag on the top shelf, like I usually do, and proceeded to take some stuff out to study. When I came in, most of the few people who were in the room were at the big table at the opposite end of the room and Steven was talking to (year 2) Clement. Then while I was taking out some of my stuff, I heard Steven say, "Is that Geraldine?"

Naturally, when I heard my name, I turned around and said "yeah?" and he went, "Oh, my God.

"You look so different!"

Yeah, I know I look different; that's the best thing! I look really quite different-- if I can find a way to upload a picture of myself right now, you'll see.

But, yes.. below is a list of responses from different people about my hair (indulge me for a minute. You can skip the following part if you want to, anyway. :P)

Steven: Oh my God. You look so different!

Joey: (puzzled/wondering look on her face at first) You did something to your hair.. (Me: Yeah, I had it cut.) It looks nice. (and here she smiles. My smile following that was slightly wider than hers.)

Mary: Nice hair!

Si Ning: You cut your hair! It looks good!

Alex: (pleasantly shocked look) You cut your hair! (smile. I mean that Alex smiled, not me. Although I did too. But that's not the point. :P)

Diana: You look very different. You look younger. (Hm. Okay, I hadn't thought of that, but.. if she says so. :D)

Shaun and (year 1) Clement: Oh, I see what you meant.. (because I'd changed my MSN nick to include "I love my new haircut!" yesterday, you see, and they'd probably seen it.)

All right. End of praise parade. :D But speaking of hair, Ivan came in about half an hour later, and he'd cut his hair too! :D And later, when I was taking a nap, he came back into the room after having gone outside and took the orange pillow and mashed it into my head (read: into my hair)! Eejit... He said that he couldn't resist since he saw me napping so peacefully, so I got back by mashing it into his hair later.

It must be noted that that orange pillow has been around the clubroom for ages, and is really quite dusty, and no one really knows (or wants to know) exactly where it's been all these months (years??).

Was rather productive today; finished reading "Rhinoceros" and "The Real Inspector Hound"!! Although they've left me confused as all hell, damn it... I hate drama. "Rhinoceros" was just your usual absurdist drama, but it was quite confusing at times; this one isn't like Pinter's "The Caretaker". "Caretaker" took place in a room the whole time, and there was never so much detail paid to the location of various props and stuff in the room; it's rather hard to visualise where everything is when there's so much detail in the stage directions. But "Real Inspector Hound" really takes the cake. If Ionesco's text confused me, then I'd say Stoppard's text just spun me on my head and upside down, man.

By the end of the second act of the play within the play in "Real Inspector Hound", you feel like the play's building up to become a mystery; a "whodunit", as Birdboot insisted, in the play, albeit a rather confusing "whodunit". But then the third act starts, and it just throws you for a loop. A huge loop. Coz that's when it starts to get really.. "Twilight Zone"-like.

Basically, two characters which were previously only standing by the sidelines, acting as observers, now find themselves drawn into the play itself. But the slightly eerie part is the first one of them to get drawn into the action seems to take over the role of a character which went "missing" in the previous act. And the last two acts which we've just seen are acted out again; it's a complete sense of deja vu, only these two "new" characters are in it now. However, the dialogue of the other characters is exactly the same, but it still fits. Amazing.

The second character then gets drawn in when the first is shot, and when he turns and tries to return to the position which he and his compatriot previously occupied before being drawn into the play proper, he finds their spots taken by the two characters which they seem to have replaced.

It's something like switching around the roles of four people in two completely different universes, that's what it feels like. O_O

Will go to school tomorrow and attempt to start and finish reading at least half of my GEK2001 text. Oh, and I shall go collect my SE1101E Research Paper too.. I hope I passed, man. It was terrible. And my EN2101E Essay too...

*crosses fingers really really tightly*

And now, I leave you with an amusing link, provided by Xuzi: Click Here

No comments: